RSS- It denotes either Really Simple Syndicate or Rich Site Summary. This is a way of frequently informing exciting and crucial news to users directly without using the e-mail especially in the fields they are interested in, such as celebrity gossip, blog tips and tricks, social media, technology, phones and marketing tips.
This deters one from having tedious work of perusing websites to get such news.
RSS which is written in eXtensible Markup Language (XML) gives you information directly and helps you not to saturate your email inbox with messages. RSS feed is read by use of RSS reader. RSS reader is actually a software program which inputs and outputs the RSS feed which is the content of the RSS.
PROCEDURE OF READING A RSS FEED
RSS feed being the content of RSS, is actually read by use of RSS feed reader and News Aggregators. These capture RSS contents from different fields and show them for you to access.
Some of the popular RSS feed readers are:
1. Amphetadesk (windows,linux,mac.)
2. Feed reader (windows) and
3. NewsGator (windows,- integrates with outlook).
Also some of the frequently used web based feed readers are:
1. My yahoo
2. Blog lines and
3. Google reader.
RSS reader also enables one to scan topics from different news origins in a centralized place.
AVAILABILITY OF THE RSS READER
RSS reader is easily available from websites whereby it can be downloaded for free and also it can obtained through the premium subscription in a given website that requires bloggers to pay in order to use the RSS reader.
ADVANTAGES OF USING RSS
The following includes some of the major benefits of using RSS:
1. RSS feed eliminates the need of using website frequently hence saving your website expenses because you receive the content on your mail that you have subscribed to in a particular website.
2. One is updated with current news in fields one is fun of from a website or blog of your choice. This means that readers will not need to visit a website to get current trends in the fields on interest since they will get updated via mail.
3. Since one needs not to search each site of his or her interest individually, there is saving of one’s time.
4. There is also privacy assurance brought about by not visiting the individual sites which one is interested in.
HOW TO GET MORE ABOUT USING RSS FEED
By visiting RSS blog which was established in 26th July 2007, one is able to gain much help on how to use RSS contents since it was to supply guidelines if one desires to add his knowhow concerning how to use RSS feed. RSS blog is normally updated each and every time about using RSS feed and gives devices to equip you to use RSS feed in a more comfortable and effective manner.